Friday, May 6, 2016

there is lots of treasure beneath our feet!

DIGGERS Jr.
         Recent finds…….
4-29-2016 – I have a an hour or two to go metal detecting in my front yard, so I get a 1986 dime, a newer penny a pull tab and some junk, the dream of an old coin kept going around & around in my head. Sweeping with a Garrett® Ace 250 metal detector when I get a penny – dime signal, thinking that it will be a new clad dime I doubtfully started to dig, taking over 5 minutes, I finally located the coin, roundness in the hole!! I rub & rub & rub some more! Getting a 19 and an 8 or a 5? So I rub the back and I see the Wheat Back Cent style. Yelling & screaming with excitement I run into my house proclaiming, “Wheat penny, Wheat penny in the pock, baby!!” I wash the penny and it turns out to be a 1952 D penny! So, now I hope to be able to find more “Wheaties” and maybe my first ever silver coin!! J
-Andrew “Pully” Diggers Jr.
       Pictures...














I tried to get detailed pictures, but that didn’t work out very well…


No comments:

Post a Comment